Tuesday, October 3, 2017

It's Been a While

Yes, I realize it has been a while since my last post.  I have been absorbed with ongoing extensive hand stitching on this current piece..

work in progress

During hours of the handwork I have interspersed quiet time with some listening to the excellent audio book (Magpie Murders by Anthony Horowitz- an enthralling mystery within a mystery) and watching the powerful Ken Burns/Lynn Novick Vietnam War PBS series, which was heartbreaking and enlightening.  Do not miss it!

Quilt exhibits of note:  Extreme Quilters of Southern California seventh annual show runs 10/3 - 10/15. with the reception this Sunday, 10/8, from 3 - 5pm at the Thousand Oaks Community Center, 2331 Borchard Road, Newbury Park, 91320.  This talented group of 27 fiber artists always bring out their best.  I can highly recommend it!


1 comment:

  1. Good to hear from you, Linda! Handwork is its own meditation. :)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails