Monday, August 21, 2017

Work in Process


I am beginning to play around with some of the newly dyed fabrics.  Stay tuned for more...

From my garden- I have been able to pick ripe figs for the first time in years!  Here is how I saved figs from the wildlife...
covered figs

... by covering the branches with cloth bags.  The tree does not produce a very large crop, so this idea has worked successfully to allow me to enjoy some sweet figs, while leaving a few for the critters.



figs

In fact, I had some overripe ones, so I made a jar of lemon fig honey jam.  Yummy!

figs


Something new- I have picked and processed some of my grape leaves by blanching in briefly in hot water, then storing in the freezer to make dolmas in the future.

grape leaves

For the next 2 weeks I will be taking some personal retreat time... I will be off social media and this blog until September 2nd.  I have been spending more time online (especially Facebook), feeling increasingly distracted, getting less done and often distressed.  It is time for some renewal with quiet away from social media.  It will be interesting to see what discoveries arise. I will let you know how it goes.  Enjoy the rest of your summer, dear readers!

Leaving you with this:
... each one of us counts to do this peacemaking work with our own hearts and minds, because if one person does, it influences the people around them ... Peacemaking is as contagious as violence.
~ Pema Chodron 





2 comments:

  1. Enjoy your retreat, Linda. I understand your feelings. Your new work looks exciting...found the 'bag' concept creative - amazed the figs grow in the bags..and also impressed with your grape leaf harvesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your inspirational posts as always. Enjoy your time away for rest and restoration.......something I think we all need.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails