Monday, July 31, 2017

Synchronicity



Synchronicity © 2017 Linda A. Miller


I finished "Synchronicity".  It is created from a hand dye that I bought at a quilt show.  Since it had been sitting in my stash, feeling it "too precious" to use... so used it by cutting it up and piecing it!  I added much embroidery to the piece.  Very satisfying work.


Synchronicity © 2017 Linda A. Miller


And, an interesting exhibit to report on... Sabrina Gschwandtner's "Hands at Work" at Shoshana Wayne Gallery at Bergamot Station through August 26th.  Looks like a quilt doesn't it?  The artist sewed vintage 16mm film strips for her quilts.  The quilts are hung over a light box frames on the wall, so the film imagery can be seen when up close.  There was also a video of hands at work knitting, stitching, etc.  Striking work!

Sabrina Gschwandtner
Sabrina Gschwandtner







1 comment:

  1. I've heard about that 'film strip' artwork; truly unique! And I like your 'Synchronicity' -- the embroidered touches are delightful.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails