Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Sonata Continues

I have created several more small Sonata series pieces, looking towards the SAQA 2017 Trunk Show, which will premiere at the SAQA Conference, April 27 - 30, 2017 in Lincoln, Nebraska. Following the conference, the exhibit will travel to venues both in and out of the United States for up to three years.

My statement about the series:  A sonata is defined as a musical composition for one or two instruments, usually consisting of three or four movements.  For my visual sonatas, I paired ink painted line with fabrics in limited colors.  My intention is to translate the essence of brushwork to cloth with simplicity and movement

"Sonata 17" is the one going to the Trunk Show.

Sonata 17 by Linda A. Miller 2016
Sonata 17 by Linda A. Miller 2016,  10" x 7"



Sonata 17 by Linda A. Miller 2016
Sonata 16 by Linda A. Miller 2016, 10" x 7"

Felt good to be stitching again... finding some sanity in creativity and being present in the moment.

By the way, SAQA just extended the entry deadline to December 18th if you were considering participating.  Go here for more information.









1 comment:

  1. This is a tremendous series, Linda. You so deftly capture the essence of music that my inner ear hears it.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails