Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Progressing...


work in progress Linda A. Miller


I have been neglecting this blog.  I am still working on this piece.  With most embroidery complete, I finally adhered the back to the quilt (which I prefer to do after handwork).  I was so tired that I ironed the Wonder Under to front side of the backing fabric... that was a first!  Fortunately I had enough of both to redo it.  Will use the mistake somewhere else.  Stay tuned.


crochet owls


Sharing these crochet Amigurumi owls that I made as baby gifts early in the summer.  Free patterns here and here.  A fun project!


Now, I admit the garden has been taking much of my attention and energy these days.  The revitalized bed pictured below is now thriving.  I am enjoying fresh herbs, kale and beet greens.  The roses are about to bloom again.  Bulbs are coming up (covered by protective cages against digging-acorn-burying squirrels).  The recent heatwave may have confused the bulbs into thinking spring arrived.

garden


Ah kale!

garden


You may recall, this is how the bed looked last month when first planted....

garden

More beets...

beets


Today's squirrel holes...

Squirrel holes

The digging (by me and the squirrels), along with transitioning continues in other areas of the yard....


Meanwhile, Maya finds sun where she can....


Maya cat









1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear how you are doing, Linda. Your new quilt looks lovely. I envy your garden! My containers are now winterized.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails