Thursday, September 22, 2016

Bowl Workshop

Fiber Bowls by Linda A. Miller


Tomorrow I will be teaching a fiber bowl workshop for members of the Embroidery Guild of America in Long Beach.  It will be interesting to see how hand embroiderers approach the task (machines are being provided, however).  I use heavy machine stitching on my bowls for texture and to keep the bits of thread, lint, or yarn together, then adding some hand embroidery (a new element in recent bowls).  I am looking forward to sharing the process with the EGA group, and seeing what develops! Stay tuned to find out more.

 
Fiber Bowl by Linda A. Miller
This happy bowl recently sold, but there are more on Etsy..


Interested in making thread bowls?  Check out my tutorial link here.


Linking to Off the Wall Fridays.  Visit the site to see more artists at work!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails