Monday, June 6, 2016

More Brushwork


Sonata 15 by Linda A. Miller
Sonata 15 by Linda A. Miller

I have moved away from 12" x 12" to a larger size ( 14" x 14.5") with the current Sonata.  A larger image naturally changes the approach.  More to come even larger.  Hmm.. where will it lead?  Stay tuned.. 


brushwork
A snippet





brushwork
More snippets
I am not trying to be mysterious about process, but these days I either spend time online posting, or I do artwork.  I am choosing to make art.  I know you understand!





I have been exploring the wonderful book I received as a gift- "Heart of the Brush:  The Splendor of East Asian Calligraphy" by Kazuaki Tanahashi.  Beautiful presentation with history and techniques. 

And this new rectangular bowl gifted to my sister... using purple lint she gave me from her new towels.  Perfect color for her!


thread bowl by Linda A Miller
Thread bowl















2 comments:

  1. Your work always captivates the imagination with its well place line and extraordinary use of color that converses perfectly with lines and markings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the contrast between the textured fabrics and the smoother painted lines/circle. I hope you enjoy your new format. It was joining 15 x 15 (where every piece is that size, in inches) that enabled me to work larger.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails