Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Sonata Series

The present is imbued with tremendous energy.  It is what is.
~Natalie Goldberg



I have decided to name this brushwork series "Sonata".  By definition sonata is a musical composition for one or two instruments, usually consisting of three or four independent movements.  In my visual sonatas I have chosen to use ink line with fabric in 3 - 4 colors, often complementary and not counting the black and white.  I am aiming for simplicity with movement.

Here are the newest additions-


Sonata 9 by Linda A. Miller
Sonata 9 by Linda A. Miller






Sonata 10 by Linda A. Miller
Sonata 10 by Linda A. Miller




And in case you are just joining in, here are some of the earlier ones-


Sonata 8 by Linda A. Miller
Sonata 8 by Linda A. Miller





Sonata 7 by Linda A. Miller
Sonata 7 by Linda A. Miller




Sonata 6 by Linda A. Miller
Sonata 6 by Linda A. Miller





Sonata 5 by Linda A. Miller
Sonata 5 by Linda A. Miller


Linking to Off the Wall Fridays.  Enjoy!











3 comments:

  1. These visual variations based upon the movements in a sonata are stimulating in a very peaceful manner. I found myself moving to the wide black pathsways, almost like moving to music. Brilliant work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful works! Love your flow!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails