Saturday, March 12, 2016

Stitching




If you give your mind too much time to contemplate a beginning when you sit down to write, your monkey mind might meander over many topics 
and never quite get to putting a word on the page.

~ Natalie Goldberg “Writing Down the Bones”




WIP Linda A Miller

I am reading Natalie Goldberg's "Writing Down the Bones".  Aware of her book for years, it took until now to actually sit down with it (after hearing her talk in podcast).  I guess the time is ripe.  What she shares about writing could be applied to any practice.. meditation, art making....  Natalie is a long time Zen meditation practitioner which inspired her writing of this book over 30 years ago.  I am relishing it.

The sketches continue to intrigue me.  Thoughts??


Sharing with Off the Wall Fridays.






6 comments:

  1. That happens to me all of the time, I need to remember to focus, thanks for the share!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you're starting to stitch this piece. I'm enjoying hand stitching myself lately but your stitches are nice and uniform. I'll keep practicing to improve. Also, because it's true that hand stitching is meditative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have used the stitching in all of these pieces, yet it evolves each time. Thanks for your comments.

      Delete
  3. I read Writing Down the Bones many years ago (yes, I'm a writer wannabe...). Thank you for the reminder that it might be worth re-reading. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Each of your works is not only beautiful but also thought provoking. I can envision this as a very large work.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails