Wednesday, December 9, 2015

In Full Color

 


Sharing some color for the season... shots of my sun bowls and balls from several years ago.  (Bowls can be found in my Etsy shop.)





I made a batch of bookmarks, some requested by my sister for her gift giving.  I gave a number of these last year as gifts.  A simple non-sew project to use fabrics from your stash!


making bookmarks


Choose your fabrics.  Using a heavy fusible, like Heat N Bond Ultrahold, iron two layers (of the same or different) fabrics together with one layer of fusible, cut to size (Mine are 2" x 7").  Voila, you have beautiful bookmarks.  Feel free to embellish if you choose, I kept it simple and let the cloth speak for itself.


making bookmarks

Have fun!

Linking to Off the Wall Fridays.







3 comments:

  1. Linda, I love your bowls and balls. Wonderful colors. and, thank you for the bookmark idea. A great project for some last minute holiday gifts. I assume that the edges of the bookmark do not have to be finished, just cut cleanly?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a librarian, so guess what I'll be making this afternoon! Love all three of your items...the colors are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sun bowls are so vibrant! You could make an art quilt from just that image of all of them together.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails