Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Going to Taiwan


 Molten © 2014 Linda A. Miller
Molten
19" x 15.5"  
© 2014 Linda A. Miller

I am pleased to announce "Molten" will be going to the Taiwan International Quilt Exhibition (TIQE 2016) next year!  Approximately 400 quilts from 21 countries are expected to be on exhibit under the theme “Protect the Earth’s Environment.”

TIQE will be held at the National Tainan Living Arts Center, Tainan City, Taiwan  April 30 – May 29, 2016



Statement: Earth is home and nourishment.  Its beauty offers rich texture and color that ignites my inspiration.  I reinterpret landscape using stitch and surface design, allowing the cloth to reveal its hidden story.  May that be a healing story of the land.

Learn more about my process with the quilt here


 Molten (detail) © 2014 Linda A. Miller
Molten (detail)
© 2014 Linda A. Miller

Happily my donated SAQA Auction quilt, "Engage", has found a new home in Canada.  Thanks for supporting the cause! 

It has been a while since I linked to Off the Wall Fridays.  Do check out the wonderful work there!






5 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! That is very exciting news! Also good news that "Engage" found a new home. Your work is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Linda! It is an exciting show to be in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Judy! I am happy to be participating once again.

      Delete
  3. How wonderful that Molten will be going to Taiwan. It's a beautiful representation of your work.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails