Monday, November 16, 2015

Endings and Beginnings

This lace scarf  (Motheye pattern from Knitspot) began in May... I let it grow longer than the pattern intended simply because I loved the process of knitting it.   All 85" of it are drying and blocking on the studio floor as I write this post.







Post drying here is the scarf-

Motheye scarf

I planted a new Panamint nectarine tree last week.  A much easier process than preparing the ground for it the week before, I must say! (It replaces the old plum tree taken out last fall).  Looking forward to seeing it grow and bear fruit.


nectarine tree




These are the only bananas produced this year during our drought, even with some watering.  In all the years of living here, I never before had to water those plants (bananas are plants not trees, they bear fruit once and die), and they gave at least 1 - 2 bunches of fruit a year.  Waiting for the El Nino waters....


bananas



Thanks to my friend, Margaret Blank, I leave you with a favorite Leonard Cohen song that contains these wonderful lines: 
Ring the bells that still can ring.
Forget your perfect offering.
There is a crack in everything;
that's how the light gets in.









3 comments:

  1. I'd forgotten you also knit. Beautiful scarf/wrap! Would be lovely to see it around a pair of shoulders. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails