Friday, June 5, 2015

Bowling


Linda A Miller thread bowl
Thread Bowl

 I have been working on a new larger fiber bowl design comprised of lint, yarn, threadwork and hand embroidery, all done in my usual dissolvable stabilizer sandwich.  The diameter is roughly 8", so twice as large as my usual bowls.  This is the first try at exploring an expanded version, an idea that has been percolating at the back of my mind for some time.  Stay tuned.


Linda A Miller thread bowl
Bowl side view

Linking to Off the Wall Fridays.  Check out the other artists there.












4 comments:

  1. Your small thread bowls are outstanding so I can only imagine how wonderful the larger bowls are. You certainly must have the patience of a saint. The detail in these works is mind boggling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love it. Are you using dryer lint?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, dryer lint is the backing fiber.

      Delete

I welcome your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails