Tuesday, May 5, 2015

May at the Gardens


Sometimes you hear a voice through the door calling you,
As a fish out of water hears the waves … Come back.  Come back.
This turning toward what you deeply love saves you.
~ Rumi
 

Time for another visit to the inspiring Huntington Gardens, Galleries and Library in the company of good friends.  What a lovely day, bright sunshine and not overly warm.  The Huntington is expanding.  The newly designed front entry area and gift shop were open (these were under construction on our last visit).  There are several new areas also under development in the Chinese garden.  Enjoy the show -

huntington gardens
Striking!



huntington gardens



huntington gardens
Chinese garden lake



huntington gardens lily pond
Bloom of lotus



huntington gardens
Textures...


huntington gardens
Bonsai Pomegranate - Japanese garden


huntington gardens
Reflective pool...


huntington gardens
Cindy and I - photo by Terry Waldron


Visits to the Huntington always nourish my senses and renew my spirit.  Being in the gardens is a fine way to come back to ground ... to presence.










3 comments:

  1. I was soooo glad to be with you and Cindy at the Huntington yesterday. It is a magical place, and I only wish Sherry could have been with us, too. Same time next year, I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos. You have a good eye for the striking and serene.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing photos! I haven't been there in ages. I do remember the first time visiting as a child and seeing PInkie and Blue Boy for the first time. Seeing the artwork gave me chills.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails