Monday, April 6, 2015

Welcome Spring and...



Spring and all its flowers now joyously break their vow of silence.   
It is time for celebration not for lying low.
-Hafiz
 

I hope your Easter and Passover celebrations were wonderful.  Happy to have spring here.  Sharing some views of my garden...

Cymbidiums...



garden
Amaryllis in bloom...

And from my friend's garden on Easter-

roses



roses


It had been 8 months since my Rosie passed, when I began to consider another cat.  Late in February, I adopted 13 month old Maya, from NKLA Pet Adoptions and Stray Cat Alliance (both organizations do wonderful work for animals).  The sweet girl, who was happy to be held at the center, proved to be quite shy.  It is taking her some time to get used to things.

cat Maya
A rare shot out in the open...

Maya lived on various shelves in the porch for the first month, before finally venturing out to the living room.. under the couch.

cat Maya
Peering out from the shelf...

Bit by bit she speaks up and comes out from hiding more often...  Maya has been sleeping for longer durations in one of the cat beds in the living room, even when people are about.  She watched me do yoga today.  We are making headway..

cat Maya
Woken from a nap...

She has become my guru for learning patience! So goes life with cats....







8 comments:

  1. You have a beautiful garden... I have a shy cat, too. I was hoping she would change, but she really hasn't. I have learned to appreciate her for what she is, although I wish she would spend more time out from under the bed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, we will see how she fares....

      Delete
  2. The flowers in your garden are beautiful and so is your new feline friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is beautiful! She will come around.....when you least expect it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I expect she will come around...

      Delete
  4. Your flowers are beautiful! Thank you for the breadth of spring. We finally can see the ground here and await patiently for some color! We had a dear cat from a feral Mom...it took years for her to be comfortable around people. In the end, she craved petting. It just takes time. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spring will come to you, too! I appreciate hearing about your cat... patience is the key.

      Delete

I welcome your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails