Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Perusal, Reflection and UFO's

It's also helpful to realize that this very body that we have, that's sitting here right now... with its aches and its pleasures... is exactly what we need right now to be fully human, fully awake, fully alive.
-Pema Chodron


bamboo


Sharing some links of New Year's inspiration-
David Limrite offers a thought provoking list for clarifying your artistic intentions.  And after, here is part 2 of the list.....

I have been meaning to post this talk from my friend, Sandra Lauterbach about inspiration and process in creating her moving quilt, "The Wailing Wall of Krakow", on exhibit at 2014 International Quilt Festival Houston.

Finally finished a knitted UFO (unfinished fiber object).  I was trying out breed specific yarns several ago.  The yardage of this hand dyed purple Wensleydale yarn was too short for a full scarf, so it became a cowl (with enough length to wrap twice around my neck).  I chose Wensleydale for softness, and it is!  I learned about breed specific yarns in the Craftsy class "Know your Wool" with Deborah Robson.  Robson's Fleece and Fiber Sourcebook is a fascinating reference book on all things fiber.

cowl by Linda A Miller
Wensleydale yarn cowl












No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails