Friday, November 7, 2014

Progressing...

We can choose to move like water rather than be molded like clay.
~ Terry Tempest Williams


Curious that some work can sit in limbo, incomplete and seemingly to remain so, when something sparks interest and clarifies the artwork's direction.  Such is the story here, after being quilted and shrunk, this piece sat in a rough unfinished state.  Now with water imagery calling again, I am absorbed in painting and stitching.

I did not think to photograph the beginning state to share, it was the barest of image (original drawing washed out).  Below is a detail of the first stage after watercolor work with Prismacolor and Inktense pencils, crayons...

Linda A Miller work in progress



Next stage with more watercolor and oil stick additions.  And the beginning of embroidery stitching...




Linda A Miller work in progress



And, yes, the piece shown in the last post is still in progress.   I work on several things simultaneously.  Do you?

Speaking of watercolor... here is a link to a sweet animated watercolor:  see video
Enjoy!

Linking to Off the Wall Friday.








6 comments:

  1. Your work is beautiful! I love the colors. Yes, I always have more than one project going at once. It could be in partly due to my short attention span or, more likely, so I can let one piece "simmer" while I make progress on something else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dawn, for feedback and comments!

      Delete
  2. Interesting to see the difference between the two after more colors have been added. I used to work on only one piece at a time. Now I feel more free to have more coals in the fire and not worry about unfinished work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comments, Regina!

      Delete
  3. Love the colours and the texture.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails