Friday, June 13, 2014

Remembering Rosie

Rosie the cat

"The cat has too much spirit to have no heart."
-Ernest Menault

I lost my sweet Rosie this week.  She passed peacefully at home.  She had a good life at 18.  I am grateful for the joy she brought, and for so much more.

Rosie
 
Never much of an outdoor cat, in recent months I began to let her out on the back patio with me.  Rosie seemed to really relax there.  This last week we spent much time outside together, just sitting quietly.  It was a gift.  I miss her.


"The smallest feline is a masterpiece."
- Leonardo Da Vinci




















12 comments:

  1. So sorry. I know how much it hurts. I have a cat named Rosie, too. Our pets fill a special place in our hearts like nothing else can. Bless her soul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are very special. Thank you for your kindness.

      Delete
  2. The love you and Rosie shared will last in your heart always. My heart goes out to you at this time of loss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate your kind thoughts.

      Delete
  3. Thinking of you Linda, losing a pet is just the same as any other special member of our families. So glad you had such a lovely week with Rosie before her passing and I think that she has been a lucky cat to have you in her life - sending you love and hugs x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michelle. She was part of my family.

      Delete
  4. Having lost several pets over the years, I understand how hard it is to loose one. I'm glad that you enjoyed her for so many years and then were blessed with such a special time with her just before she passed away. My thoughts are with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was special. Thanks, Dawn.

      Delete
  5. I'm so sorry Linda! It is so hard to lose one of our family members~ I know! hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry for your loss, Linda. We have had to say goodbye to three of our four cats in the past few years - all were 17 years or more - so I understand the sadness. I am so glad that she has able to be in your company so much her last week and pass peacefully at home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is hard, but I am grateful for the time we had together. Thanks Judy!

      Delete

I welcome your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails