Monday, June 30, 2014

Blessings

Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don't resist them; that only creates sorrow. 
Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like.
~ Lao-Tzu




Below is a recent photo of my friend Sherry's granddaughter playing with her whimsey ball that I made last year.  Such joy in those eyes!

baby and ball
Genevieve and ball

Last week my Mom fell, needing surgery to repair damage to her hip.  Thankfully all went well.  She was up and walking the day after surgery.  Always an active woman, she continues to progress wonderfully.  Yet, it is a reminder that she is more vulnerable now.  We are all vulnerable, but perhaps don't acknowledge the fact until something happens to wake our minds to it.  In this timely post from Sara and Robert Genn's recent newsletter on vulnerability for artists, some systems are offered as a means for dealing with ups and downs.  My favorite is counting one's blessings, which also aligns with my meditative/spiritual practice.  So much to be grateful for everyday.

(Thanks to Sara Genn for the Lao-Tzu quote.)











2 comments:

  1. I recognized that quote immediately Linda as I had sent it on to some people. Glad your Mom is recovering well. Nice to see the beautiful photo of Sherry's grandchild.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a wonderful quote. Thanks for your wishes, Judy!

      Delete

I welcome your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails