Friday, May 2, 2014

Heating Up


Shining Jewel © 2014 Linda A. Miller
Shining Jewel © 2014 Linda A. Miller


In a week of hot weather, it is fitting that "Shining Jewel" is completed.   This hand dyed 10" x 7" piece began with shrinking for texture.  Follow the link to learn more if this technique is new to you.  The hand painted sun was cut out and appliqued on.  Oil sticks add highlights throughout.  Metallic yarn was hand couched, along a multitude of french knots and other hand embroidered additions to add more textural interest.  

I have moved on to a larger piece to continue the ever satisfying hand work... to be revealed later.


The brushwork quilts that I showed to you last week are now available on my galleribba gallery:
 
Embark © 2014 Linda A. Miller
Embark © 2014 Linda A. Miller



And, another garden shot of cactus in bloom:  

cactus bloom

Off to tend to my worms ( I am excited to have this worm compost bin!)....  But before I go, linking to Off the Wall Fridays.

Have a lovely weekend!



















4 comments:

  1. Love what you have done with your handwork. It adds so much. And, so nice to see a cactus bloom. We are just beginning to warm up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Judy. Good to hear things are warming up in your area....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snowing here in Edmonton where I'm visiting my kids this weekend….and they had 4" in Calgary -- 3 hours' drive south of here…So we'd be grateful if you could send some of that warmth our way!! Perhaps that glorious Shining Jewel would work… :-)


    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails