Sunday, May 18, 2014

Exploration and Celebration


We live stitch by stitch, when we’re lucky. If you fixate on the big picture, 
the whole shebang, the overview, you miss the stitching.
-Anne Lamott from "Stitches"

As you may know, I participate in the nearby Shambhala Center, attending meditation sittings, Shambhala art and other programs.  The Center offers a monthly Creativity Lab to explore a variety of creative processes as contemplative practice.  Last week we played with writing techniques, including found poetry which takes content from other sources (we used newspaper articles) to build a new poem.  We also wrote from photographs... simply choose a photo and write.  These processes can be self revealing and I certainly found them so.  Both helped me see clearer what was going on in the present.  I will try more in future...


cactus flowers


cactus flowers
Second day, and another flower!


Now I digress... This unseasonably hot triple digit week started with celebrating Mother's Day down south and continues with ongoing Birthday festivities with family and friends over delicious meals.  So fun when the day can spread out!  I am filled with gratitude for it all, especially family and friends.  Thank you, dear Reader, for your interest in following along on the journey!

Mom enjoying our Mother's Day Picnic in San Diego

Thankfully the heat and wind have abated.  My folks were near several of the San Diego fires, but luckily not in direct danger.  My heart goes out to all affected by the fires, which are fortunately getting under control.  And this is May... fire season is year round now.

In closing, I share some views from Saturday's visit to my favorite local community Arlington Garden.

poppies
Poppies








Wildflowers
Wildflowers

Enjoy your week!






No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails