Friday, April 4, 2014

Stitching

"The act of sewing is a process of emotional repair."

This beautiful evocative quote was referred to me by an online connection.  Much to appreciate in the contemplative process of needle to fabric, mostly I love the simple act of making marks with thread.  Some of my embroidery work in progress...


Linda A Miller work in progress
Detail of work in progress...

There is so much amazing work going on out there.  Thought I would share with you selections with a minimal feel from several contemporary artists.  Follow the links on their names to see more on each artist.  Let me know what you think...

Thread Sketch II by Andrea Farina
Thread Sketch II by Andrea Farina

Peak 6/Red by Ardath Davis
Peak 6/Red by Ardath Davis


To see more of my favorites visit my Stitch board on Pinterest.  Enjoy the tour!










2 comments:

  1. Linda - thank you for sharing your work in progress. I love the color and texture. Also, thank you for sharing art from other artists. All 4 pieces are wonderful in their own way but I'm drawn to Emily Barletta's piece. This piece is pleasing to my eye in the subtle, delicate way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comments, Mia!

      Delete

I welcome your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails