Thursday, April 24, 2014

Inside and Out

Completing some new 12" works in my minimalized brushwork style ...

Embryo © 2014 Linda A. Miller
Embryo © 2014 Linda A. Miller

For "Engage" and "Embark" I cut out smaller selections from earlier ink drawings on cloth.  I aimed for the interesting "bits".   Thoughts?


Engage © 2014 Linda A. Miller
Engage © 2014 Linda A. Miller



Embark © 2014 Linda A. Miller
Embark © 2014 Linda A. Miller


Leaving you with some views from my spring garden where I delightfully spend time....

blueberries
Laden with blueberries


Spring and all its flowers now joyously break their vow of silence.  
 It is time for celebration not for lying low.
-Hafiz


bee and rose
Bee and rose





clivia
Blooming Clivia




And from a friend's garden...glorious iris!

ireses
Easter Iris



Linking to Off the Wall Fridays, where you can see more artists' work.


 























14 comments:

  1. Lovely work Linda! Your brushwork style series is right up my alley. And you have a green thumb, too! Creativity all around. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words, Georgianne!

      Delete
  2. Love your painted pieces, especially the B&W with a hint of red. Spring? Those flowers would be summer blooms here. I can feel the sun vicariously through your photos; we have wet snow/rain in the forecast for tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such deft brush strokes and straightforward application of color make these a thought stimulating series.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are fascinating Linda. I like the collaboration between calligraphy and stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the simplicity of the calligraphy. And your border treatments really compliment them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by, Regina!

      Delete
  6. great flower photos. I've been taking spring photos too, just glad to see color again
    LeeAnna Paylor
    Not Afraid of Color! lapaylor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Linda. I'm really liking your work with a simple stroke. Very elegant and interesting.
    best, nadia

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails