Friday, March 21, 2014

YES it is Spring!

Welcome Spring!  Though we did not have much of a winter in SoCal, I can still say it is wonderful to be moving toward longer lighter days.  No doubt my favorite season, a time of renewal and rising energy.  How about you?

New experiments with words on my ink painted textiles....  "Yes", 12" square, is machine pieced as with previous black and white quilts in the series.  I used echo machine quilting on the center section around the word.  The word, with all its meaning, becomes the focal point instead of abstract line.  Why that specific word you may ask?  Yes chose me.  Perhaps a new shift away from holding the world at bay with No.

 Yes   - 12" x 12" © 2014 Linda A. Miller
Yes   - 12" x 12"
© 2014 Linda A. Miller


Spring shots from the garden-

Roses, roses, roses



In bloom...



Heart Geraniums



Linking to Off the Wall Fridays.

Enjoy your days!







10 comments:

  1. I love the Yes! piece! It can mean so many things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Yes!" It's such a great affirmation and beautifully executed, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Linda. Interesting how one word can say it all. I'm wondering about the durability of inks on fabric...?
    best, nadia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use airbrush ink, and it holds up to washing (which I do not do anyway).

      Delete
  4. A very nice quilt. Has to make you feel very positive and smile every time you look at it. I agree that Spring is my favorite season. The birds here are so vocal and active, the bright green buds popping out, violets making their brief but welcome appearances, wrens nesting on our front porch, baby owls in our backyard each year, and so many other natural occurrences I look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, your spring is rich with nature!

      Delete
  5. Linda,
    YES! Has very special meaning for me. We used it in skiing in encouraging people to turn on steep slopes. - to keep a positive attitude and keep going.
    I love your quilt!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails