Thursday, February 13, 2014

Entwine


"May the outward and the inward man be at one."
- Socrates
 

 Introducing a new quilt in my black and white series: "Entwine", 28"h x 17.25"w.




Entwine © 2014 Linda A. Miller
Entwine © 2014 Linda A. Miller



I have tried something different with the center section of this piece.  Once the ink drawing was complete, it was machine quilted to wool felt and washed.  As you know, I have used this technique on numerous other works, but none in this particular series.  I like the texture of white on white, adding more dimension to stark lines.  The borders were pieced on with more machine quilting to finish.


 Entwine (detail) © 2014 Linda A. Miller
Entwine (detail) © 2014 Linda A. Miller

This has been a welcome break to paperwork!

I am sharing this on Off the Wall Fridays.  Visit the link to see more wonderful work...









10 comments:

  1. Very effective, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Margaret! I am pleased with the results.

      Delete
  2. it's so reflective of you, abstract but approachable. Nice.
    LeeAnna
    lapaylor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the simplicity of this quilt and what a beautiful line!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have I ever mentioned, I love your quotes! This piece rings a bell with me. And the white quilting definitely enhances the piece.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you appreciate the quotes, Judy! Thanks for your feedback.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails