Thursday, January 23, 2014

In a Series...

As previously posted "Linear Moves" is on exhibition at Road to California this week.  I would like to share with you some other pieces in that black and white series.  All began with an ink drawing on cotton.  Inspired by Asian calligraphy, I sought to translate the simple essence of brushwork to cloth for this series.  Painting, hand and machine stitching became a contemplative process.  Layouts of ancient Asian scrolls influenced the arrangement of my pieced borders.

Elevate   © 2012 Linda A. Miller
Elevate   -  28.5" x 16"
© 2012 Linda A. Miller



Encircle    © 2012 Linda A. Miller
Encircle   -  27.5" x 16"
© 2012 Linda A. Miller



Echo     © 2012 Linda A. Miller
Echo   -  31.5" x 17.5"  
© 2012 Linda A. Miller


Linking to Nina Marie's Off the Wall Fridays, where you can see more art!


"I always listen to what I can leave out." 
- Miles Davis





10 comments:

  1. This is exceptional work, Linda. It certainly warrants being widely exhibited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the elegant simplicity of these. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw your beautiful piece at Road. They are all stunning, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the extra touches in Echo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Linda. These pieces are elegant in their simplicity of color and line. I especially like the first one--you know I just love those complex organic lines!
    best, nadia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nadia! I do know about your favoring intricacy...

      Delete

I welcome your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails