Tuesday, December 10, 2013

The way things go...

 Pacifying Passion   © 2013 Linda A. Miller
Pacifying Passion  
© 2013 Linda A. Miller



One last reminder about the reception this Saturday, 12/14 from 1-3pm, for the exhibit  "Fiber Reactions" at the Poway Center for the Performing Arts at 15498 Espola Road, Poway, CA 92064.




A friend ordered a set of blank prayer flags.  She is organizing a fundraiser to help pay for medical costs for a friend who is ill.  Both she and her friend were past participants in my Bhavana Project.  I am happy to see the healing offshoots from the project that connects community.


For the better part of a week I tried to keep a virus at bay, but finally had to surrender to it.  Rest seemed to be what I needed as I now regain energy.  Difficult to stop "doing" during a season with seemingly endless projects to complete.  Keep it simple is what I tell myself each year...not always listening! 

While resting, I watched a Craft in America marathon over the weekend.  Wonderful to see these episodes again and be inspired!  Such amazing artists...  FYI, there is a new episode coming up on December 20th on PBS stations.  We are fortunate here in Los Angeles to have a Craft in America Center to see work and exhibits in person.

Glad I had finished this gift quilt before Thanksgiving.  Here is a detail shot, not to give too much away in case someone related reads this.





 Onward...








1 comment:

  1. Hi, Linda. Enjoyed seeing some of the SAQA show artwork--exquisite, including your "Pacifying Passions" piece. I see you're with Galleribba now, which is great--wish I had the time...I've been saying that a lot lately, sigh...Have a happy holiday season and thanks for stopping by and commenting so regularly. I am very appreciative!
    best, nadia

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails