Thursday, November 7, 2013

Sharing...

"In ordinary life we hardly realize that we receive a great deal more than we give, 
and that it is only with gratitude that life becomes rich." 
-Dietrich Bonhoeffer


Gathering a list of links that you might find interesting... 

I have often recommended Robert Genn's newsletter to you.  Over the years he has provided a rich resource of uplifting and interesting posts on art and life.  Genn recently shared the news of his  pancreatic cancer diagnosis.  Sad news, yet during this uncertainty and heartbreak his posts remain positive and filled with gratitude.  The Magic Hour written by his daughter deeply touched my heart.  May we all live with such gratitude and grace.

Seth Godin often has succinct topics on his blog.  "Owning it" is a juicy one.  And how about this one about "Fear".  I like the reminder to embrace fear!


Sun Bowls by Linda A Miller
Sun Bowls

 Meanwhile, bowls continue and the numbers grow daily.  They have become my meditation practice.  It is interesting to see the subtle changes that come about, which seem more obvious when creating a consecutive series within a short period of time.  Changes always occur, but when the time between is longer those changes are not as obvious.  Much like in life....

On another note, I donated "Red Striations" to the fundraiser auction at my local Shambhala meditation center.  It has found a new home and supports the center.  A win win situation.


Red Striations by Linda A. Miller 2013
Red Striations by Linda A. Miller 2013

  
Linking to Off the Wall Fridays.  Do visit the other wonderful sites there.




























8 comments:

  1. Linda, your bowls are beautiful. I very much enjoyed your links to "Fear" and "Owning it". Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda! Glad you enjoyed the links.....

      Delete
  2. Your sun bowls make me smile, Linda. :-) As for Mr. Godin, I must revisit him; I enjoyed his interview with Krista Tippet (onbeing.org) very much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could help you smile!

      Delete
  3. Your photo of the bowls together is an artwork of itself. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your red piece! I recently did an all red piece using different red Dupioni silks and a to of texture. How generous of you to donate yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Red is fabulous to work with!

      Delete

I welcome your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails