Tuesday, November 19, 2013

On the Road Again


Good news has arrived via email!  "Linear Moves" will be on exhibit once again, this time in January 2014 at Road to California.  I am pleased that this piece has been shared with a wide audience over the past few years.  Road to California Quilter’s Conference and Showcase, called  “The Best in the West”, is to be held at the Ontario Convention Center, Ontario CA January 23-26, 2014.

 Linear Moves  -  54" x 30" © 2012 Linda A. Miller
Linear Moves  -  54" x 30"
© 2012 Linda A. Miller
Cotton, painted, pieced, hand embroidered
hand & machine quilted

 In case you are unfamiliar with the background information, this piece was created for the 2012 Black and White with a Twist call for entry by Quilts on the Wall artists.  Reflecting on the theme immediately brought to mind the ink calligraphy seen in Asian art traditions.  I have had the opportunity to work with this meditative art form on paper, so capturing the essence of the brushwork on cloth became my challenge.  

I painted the central image with ink on cotton.  That section was then pieced with commercial cottons creating a scroll-like textile.  I researched the layouts of Asian scrolls to maintain simplicity in the overall presentation.   The center section was hand quilted, the borders machine quilted.  Hand embroidery was added for detail. 








10 comments:

  1. Congratulations on another exhibit of this lovely piece, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks, Margaret! It is having a good run....

      Delete
  2. It is beautiful! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Linda. This work is speaking to many hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this piece! So glad it is being seen by so many. Hope you are well. I let the blogging go - it is still on my mind. I miss it and have missed visiting here. I am glad we "see" each other on FB. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Teri- Thanks for stopping by. I know things ebb and flow... may you return to blogging when you are ready. Glad you keep in touch!

      Delete

I welcome your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails