Thursday, October 10, 2013

Sun Bowls


Sun Bowl by Linda A Miller
Sun Bowl by Linda A Miller



May my mind come alive today
To the invisible geography 
That invites me to new frontiers, 
To break the dead shell of yesterdays, 
To risk being disturbed and changed.

May I have the courage today
To live the life that I would love, 
To postpone my dream no longer 
But do at last what I came here for 
And waste my heart on fear no more.
~ John O’Donohue ~ excerpt from “A Morning Offering” (To Bless the Space Between Us)
 

We had a rainy day yesterday....it has been far too long since the last rain in this parched SoCal climate, and it was glorious.  Fall is here (at least for a few days until it warms up again)!  While it rained, I tried out a new idea using sun imagery for the thread bowls, with pleasing results.  What do you think??


Sun Bowl by Linda A Miller
Layered Bowl ready to stitch


Sun Bowl by Linda A Miller
Stitched Bowl Pre-washing

Above are shots of some of the bowl making stages... to learn more about the process please see my 2012 Sculpting Bowls post.

I am linking to Off the Wall Fridays , where you can see what others have been up to....







13 comments:

  1. I love the way your sun shines through the rain, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bowl glows and reminds me of Nepal and Tibet. Maybe because the ends of it are so ethereal like the thread ends of a prayer flag. It seems to have a very spiritual nature to it. Very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your comment, Regina!

      Delete
  3. Good grief...this must have taken you hours......worth every minute...super!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!!!!! Gotta go read that other post for more info.....LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know how much work goes into creating these bowls.
    This one sings. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww, just smashing! LUV the colors and shape.
    best, nadia

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this Linda! My absolute fav color combination! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favorite too...thanks Sheila!

      Delete

I welcome your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails