Monday, September 30, 2013

Week Gone By...

without a blog post.  So, to catch you up, this is how the week went....  On Saturday the 21st, first day of fall, Sherry Kleinman and I drove up the coast to Ventura to attend the art opening of our friend, Pam Price Klebaum.  The exhibit title, Crossover, aptly describes Pam's wide ranging talents in fiber, glass, printmaking and photography.  A selected few are shown on my photo below.  Exquisite work!  The exhibit closes October 5th... however you can see the work online at this gallery link.


Pam Klebaum textiles and glass from "Crossover"
Pam Klebaum textile shadow boxes and glass from "Crossover"


Klebaum family
Pam and her son


Sherry Kleinman and Linda Miller
Sherry and I at the exhibit...

I have been writing artist statements for several calls for entry.  Laboring over them would be a better description.  It has been a challenge this time for some reason.  I do realize it is better to have something written upon completing a piece, but it just does not always occur.  Perhaps you can relate... Happy to report that the entries are now completed.  Whew!


Linda A Miller Work in progress
Work in progress
 
Meanwhile, slowly embroidering on the large quilt in progress.  Stitch by stitch...


Linda A Miller Work in progress
Work in progress close up


For those who don't know, I have a dear 17 year old cat companion named Rosie.  With aging have come health issues, including pancreatitis, which flared up this week.  Grateful that she is again feeling better with time and tender loving care.  She has returned to watching for crickets by the back door.  I hate to see her suffer....


Rosie


The Bhavana Project flags are now on show at the Red Bluff Art Gallery in northern California.  Read about it here.

Bhavana Project Flags in Red Bluff Art Gallery
Bhavana Project Flags in Red Bluff Art Gallery

The close of the week brought an adventure in taste... yesterday attended the 3rd Los Angeles International Tea Festival at the Japanese National Museum in downtown L.A.  With vendors, talks and museum entry, it proved to be fun and enlightening learning more about one of my favorite beverages.

I hope you enjoyed the whirlwind tour.... may your upcoming week be a good one as we move into October.


















4 comments:

  1. I took a break from the paperwork on my desk at work to read your post. I enjoyed reading about what have been going on in your life recently. I, too, dread writing up artist statement. Good to hear that all are completed and send you good thoughts that your artwork will be accepted. Also, good to hear that Rosie is doing well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mia for stopping by and leaving comments! I appreciate it.

      Delete
  2. I like the colorway in your work in progress and I'm glad Rosie is feeling better. She looks like a kind spirit. I have a cat named Rosie, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Regina, for your kind thoughts.

      Delete

I welcome your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails