Friday, September 13, 2013

Stitching Progress


Acquiring a voice is: catching hold and being able to develop that part of the self that is your own;  that allows you to sing, and holler, and whisper, and chant, and still sound like yourself.
- June O. Underwood, excerpt from article "Acquiring your own voice"


Linda A Miller - Detail landscape in progress
Detail landscape in progress


Work in progress continues, with most of the couching done it is on to hand embroidering.  The contemplative stage.  The wordless stage.  I am liking where this piece is going.  


Linda A Miller - Detail landscape in progress
Detail from last week..

Love June Underwood's articulation about finding a voice... rings true to me.  What about you? 

Linking to Off the Wall Fridays.   Visit and enjoy.






8 comments:

  1. I like that quote a lot, sing holler chant and still sound like you. The quilt is coming along and I like the color changes. Very nice.
    LeeAnna Paylor

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like her references to the actual voice which then becomes, for visual artists, the outward way in which they express themselves. I thought I needed to look for mine, but in the months since the SAQA Conference, it seems to have found me instead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love that your voice found you!

      Delete
  3. An excellent quote. And I like where your piece is going, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda,
    I love the colors you are using this time. It has a lightness and brightness - perhaps a window to your soul?
    Judy

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails