Friday, August 16, 2013

Resting and Resolving

Linda A Miller Work in progress
Work in progress - detail

Now that the demo at the IQF and last weekend's teaching are behind me, the focus can shift to other projects.  During my demo on texture, I added more embroidery to the piece you see above.  This one has been inching along.  It is ready for the final stages of completion.  After auditioning fabrics, my intention is to float it over a dark purple background.  I feel the creative wheels whirring....




Striated Orange  © 2013 Linda A. Miller
Striated Orange  © 2013 Linda A. Miller




Very happy to report that "Striated Orange" has found a new home!  It sold after being seen during my IQF demo.  Reinforces the thought that textiles are best appreciated being viewed up close and personal.













And sharing a garden adventure... I introduced friends to the very special Arlington community garden.  A wonderful time we had exploring...


Arlington Garden
Arlington Garden blooms




Arlington Garden
Arlington Garden




Arlington Garden
Arlington Garden bee heaven




Arlington Garden
Arlington Garden




 Linking to Off the Wall Fridays...





5 comments:

  1. That piece you sold is a real beauty -- even if I can't see it 'up close and personal'! ;-) Love the sign on the pomegranates in that garden...especially as up here in November, all would undoubtedly be underneath the first snow fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the sale, Linda. Looking forward to seeing the purple background on the new piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the sale - and thanks for introducing me to the garden !

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails