Friday, June 7, 2013

Off the Wall Minis

Two mini quilts that were begun for last month's SAQA demo are completed.  "Striated Orange", 9" x 7", is whole cloth cotton that was machine quilted and shrunk for texture.  Techniques include- oil stick embellishment, applique, various yarns hand/machine couched, and hand embroidery.


orange purple landscape quilt with yellow sun, undulating lines
Striated Orange © 2013 Linda A. Miller

"Opening 3", 9" x 6", is whole cloth cotton hand dye that was also shrunk for texture.  Techniques include- various yarns hand/machine couched, and hand embroidery.

magenta quilt with black -white vertical undulating line, embroidery
Opening 3 © 2013 Linda A. Miller

I am linking to Off the Wall Fridays.  Visit to see what others are up to.  What are you working on?


10 comments:

  1. Hi, Linda. I particularly like the striated orange piece. It's something about the glow. But then again, I particularly like the depth of pinks & purples in the opening piece. You achieve such interesting textures.
    best, nadia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks, Nadia. Love to play with texture...

      Delete
  2. I really like both pieces, Linda. The stitch work in the second fascinates me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your minis very much, Linda. Working in that size is such fun isn't it? How do you hang/mount yours?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Margaret. Love the small size, yes! I have a sleeve attached to back.

      Delete
  4. I love the textures you got with Striations. I went back into your blog and read about how you use your shrinkage technique. Very interesting. I also like how you added some blues to Striations. Very pleasing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for exploring my site, Regina!

      Delete
  5. I love the orange glow,it feels like a sunrise over water!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...wonderful description!

      Delete

I welcome your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails