Friday, April 5, 2013

Striated

I don't care for adjectives, yet the world
fills me with them.
And even beyond what I see, I imagine more.
-Mary Oliver excerpt from "Imagine" in Evidence


Striated   -  23" x 14" © 2013 Linda A. Miller

"Striated" is completed and revealed to you.  
The embroidery is often very subtle, and difficult to photograph, but here is a detail:




More work in progress and a favorite warm up project.  I am making bowls again, getting ready for the upcoming artist showcase event.  You can see more in my Etsy shop!









I am linking to Nina Marie's Off the Wall Friday.  Drop by to see what others are up to.

11 comments:

  1. Is the lace your embroidery? So delicate! And the piece is larger than I imagined. Reminds me of a big ol' harvest moon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thinking I should like to try a small project. (I am just about finished with a queen size quilt for a guest bed in our home). Your pieces are such an inspiration. Do you dislike adjectives really?

    Oh and one more thing I checked out one of the "You might also like" links and found a bed size quilt for someone named Kevin. I really enjoyed your pattern and use of fabrics.

    It might be spring here. Fingers crossed. xo teri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Teri! No, I don't dislike adjectives, but I admire Mary Oliver. The quilt pattern for my nephew is Disappearing 9 Patch...tutorial on that post.

      Delete
  3. its amazing how much the embroidery adds - lovely - the bowl is visually interesting. Its the kind of art that makes you want to touch it the moment you see it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very ice. And I like the bowls!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very interesting!
    Esther

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Striated" is a true work of art. Hope you share at QOTW so that we can see up close and personal the delicate embroidery. Your work inspires.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda and Everyone!

      Delete
  7. Love the embroidery and LOVE the bowl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your work is amazing. I am so glad you visited my blog and drew me over here to see it.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails