Thursday, April 18, 2013

Rumi's Words



Energy - 28" x 24"
© 2010 Linda A. Miller



Today, like every other day, we wake up empty and frightened.  Don’t open the door to the study and begin reading.  Take down a musical instrument.

Let the beauty we love be what we do. 
There are a hundred ways to kneel and kiss the ground.

-Rumi


This week needed some uplifting energy...

Thank you to Margaret Blank for the reminder about the beginning of this poem.   The last verses have long inspired me...in fact, they reside on this website.





















4 comments:

  1. Linda, I love that quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found comfort in Rumi this week as well. I posted a video of my favorite Jazz singer, Kurt Elling, who introduced Rumi to Duke Ellington on my m is for music post. Then had the CD in my car. Energy is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Rumi's words are wonderful.

      Delete

I welcome your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails