Friday, March 29, 2013

Stitching Striations

WIP © 2013 Linda A. Miller



Layers of brocades, cottons, silk ribbon, and yarn.
I continue to embroider on this quilt.  I have used some fine metallic thread in addition to pearl cotton and rayon floss.
It is nearing completion...then the full reveal.


















WIP © 2013 Linda A. Miller


While you wait here is a small of  tour of where I work...
the wall I see when I stitch on the machine, caught in the light of the setting sun.




And a view of my inspiration wall....this of course shifts with time.





Linking this post to Off the Wall Friday.  What are you working on?


15 comments:

  1. I like the strata, looking forward to the reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Linda. Your use of color in this piece is very interesting. Drat, I can't see the embroidery very well! OK, I'll wait for the reveal and hope for close-ups.
    best, nadia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nadia- Yes, I know the embroidery is delicate and hard to see, will aim for photo close ups when I finish it.

      Delete
  3. I love how you combined those fabrics - will be fun to see this one finished ;-))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Layers of love. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Teri! Happy spring!

      Delete
  5. That 'moon' is becoming a familiar symbol...clearly a series, Striations Plus...

    My sewing machine faces a window -- there are pros and cons...and sometimes the curtains need to be drawn, so that I can see my sewing without shadows emanating off the machine's foot. I don't have an inspiration wall...perhaps something to consider?

    As always, looking forward to more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have long been exploring landscape, suns and striations...so on to this new variation.

      Delete
  6. Linda, this present work is very elegant. Hope you will share it at QOTW. Your design wall is great. I got a kick out of the little "Linda" bag. I have had the exact same little namesake paper bag for years and keep safety pins in mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! How funny that you have the same little bag!

      Delete
  7. It's beautiful! I am looking forward to the reveal.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails