Friday, February 22, 2013

Head Above Water


Week 6 of the Art Marketing Bootcamp, and let me tell you there have been days that it seems a challenge to keep up with the flow of  information coming my way.  I have to remember to prioritize, and to realize that I cannot do it all right away.  Simplify is a key element in what I am learning.  And what a valuable set of tools I am gaining to draw on...all to make it easier to share my art with you!  I can highly recommend this course.





Journaling has been one recent addition to my daily practice from the course that is proving beneficial.  I used to write on a daily basis, and had temporarily forgotten how the seeds of ideas can grow from those outpourings.  I find that feeds the rest of the creative work, and is often more effective for me than a sketchbook.  My artwork evolves out of the process of doing the work itself, rather than coming from sketches.  By putting pen to paper, writing builds a hand - eye connection that can never come from using the keyboard.

Do you have a journal writing practice?







My stitchery kit prize has arrived from Margaret Blank's anniversary celebrations.  This will be a fun small project.  Thank you, Margaret!












I leave you with a sneak peek at another work in progress...



Things are moving slowly along with several projects...one with a deadline if I am to enter it.





2 comments:

  1. Great minds think alike, eh? You and I and Deb Stanley, all writing about writing...in various ways...

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails