Thursday, February 28, 2013

Embracing the Pen

"Creativity is an act of faith, and we must be faithful to that faith, willing to share it to help others, and to be helped in return."   - Julia Cameron, excerpt from The Artist's Way


The first geranium bloom of the year...feels like spring in the air, and I am grateful!

As previously mentioned, I brought daily writing back into my routine.  This inspired the return of morning pages, which some of you may be familiar with from The Artist's Way practices, consisting of writing 3 pages of stream of consciousness.   A form of meditation in action, with just penning whatever comes to mind, no attachment.  It helps to bring some clarity.  I had let the writing practice go, so I am glad to have this simple tool back as part of my creative and contemplative life.  May some of my creative stuckness shift!  Have you experienced The Artist's Way?  Do you even know about it?  I would love to hear your responses.

With a week's break in the Art Marketing class, I am using the time to catch up on lessons, which means more time online with fine tuning data.  (Check out my website changes...I have continued to tweak things.)  Thus my hand embroidery stitching is blissful therapy away from electronics.  Another sneak peek of  work in progress.


work in progress

3 comments:

  1. Linda, you work is inspiring and your website is outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wonderful! I am stuck, but still plugging away. I have let my writing go, stream of consciousness sounds interesting. But I wonder if I could do even one sheet witout trying to form something more. I will have to try. Hope you are well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Linda! Do experiment with the pages, Teri. I am happy both of you dropped by.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails