Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Do You Consider Yourself Creative?


I know many of you who read my blog describe yourselves as creative persons...but if not, would you reconsider that notion?  I am talking about being a truly creative person in daily life, not only a painter, musician or dancer.  Here is a wonderful podcast from an On Being interview with innovative thinker, Seth Godin.  Let it inspire your thinking about how you are in the world and making change.  (If you enjoyed that interview you can subscribe to the podcasts...the interviews by Krista Tippett are consistently remarkable.)

Listening to this interview was timely for my participation in the art marketing workshop with Alyson Stanfield.  I am confronting my mindset and facing my resistances to marketing by being as open to the journey as I can.  Isn't it a relief to know that I do not have to "sell", but rather to share my art to those open to hearing my story ( and not the whole world)?  I am learning a lot of practical advice thus far in the course.   I am compiling a list of potential venues to show my work.  Where would you like to see my work?  For that matter, where would you like to share your work?

And as promised here are some links from last week's post about Road to California exhibits.  Sheila Frampton-Cooper has posted the visual tour of "Perspectives".  Sherry Kleinman shown below with her work.

Sherry Davis Kleinman with her work at Road to California



5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the link, Linda; I'll have to look that up.. I admit I have Alyson's book but have been procrastinating about reading it for over a year. :-(

    Thanks for the photo of Sherry; she's my room-mate in Santa Fe. I have seen her work on her website, but it's special to see her posed with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will keep you posted Margaret! So glad you will meet Sherry, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda- thanks for sharing this link - I found the conversation fascinating and highly enlightening! I know that your marketing efforts will be successful if you take away the words about weaving a network and weaving your story.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails