Sunday, November 11, 2012

After Effects

"When we seek for connection, we restore the world to wholeness. Our seemingly separate lives become meaningful as we discover how truly necessary we are to each other." (Margaret Wheatley)

I can speak to the reality of this quote from Robert Genn's current newsletter.  This past week's TAFA Tour profile posts opened the door to new connections with the ladies I interviewed, or who interviewed me.  Linda Friedman lives locally and it turns out we share much in common, including groups beyond TAFA.  At yesterday's regional SAQA meeting, Linda and I were able to finally meet face to face.  It was great to be able to catch up in person.  Linda Marcille is the artist who wrote about my work, and we have been talking online since we live across the country from one another.  Thanks to Rachel Biel, hardworking TAFA founder, for coming up with this creative idea!  Look for more in the future.

Continuing with the theme of connection...our SAQA meeting was lively and inspiring, as you can see by photos on the link above.  Met new and old friends, participated in interesting art discussions and ate delicious food donated by the group.  The energetic Jamie Fingal, artist, author, curator and more, was our exceptional guest speaker.  She shared her unique, diverse work and ideas with us.  It is wonderful to make these connections with fellow artists on the path.  Friendship is such a cornerstone of our lives, isn't it?  Many thanks to our SAQA reps, Deborah Stanley and Teresa Shippy, for organizing and hosting this thoroughly enjoyable day!

And may I also say how much I value the monthly meetings with my mini art group, Fiber Fanatics...these always are enriching times of friendship, fun, art and food!

PS- Here are links from the posts about my work by Linda Friedman and Linda Marcille.  Thank you!

2 comments:

  1. It was nice to see you at the SAQA meeting, Linda! I'm so glad I pulled myself out of my Saturday routine and went.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you did, too! It was good to see you, Cindy.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails