Monday, October 1, 2012

The Unexpected


 I had planned to meet up with an out of town friend yesterday.  Here in L.A. a major freeway closure was in effect over the weekend due to bridge construction, and my friend was on the opposite side of town.  I thought I would be able to take my familiar surface street route to get there.  Well, think again!  I found my route blocked off, later learning there was a triathlon event on those streets.  It was disappointing that getting together was not meant to be that day. Reminder that some things are out of our control.

Back home, I instead enjoyed a quiet, peaceful day.  Some sketching, gardening, and finishing my reread of John O'Donohue's inspiring Anam Cara

Over the past week I have been listening to the audio book of Thomas Cahill's How the Irish Saved Civilization...which I had also read some time ago.  I find Cahill's Hinges of History series thought provoking.  Wonderful writing about points in history that impacted Western culture.  I encourage you to read his books....

I leave you with this beautiful quote from T.S. Eliot-
"And at the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And to know the place for the first time."


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails