Monday, September 24, 2012

Quietly Elevating


"When you come patiently and silently home to yourself, you come into unity and into belonging."  
John O'Donohue, excerpt from Anam Cara

I unplugged from all the electronics yesterday to give myself some space and silence to reflect and rejuvenate.  It was lovely.  I intend on doing this on a regular basis.  Why, you might ask?  Over the past year or so, I have noticed a rise in subtle feelings of overwhelm.  Not that my life has such stress to warrant such feeling, so I have watched it with curiosity.  I have also seen an increase in my online and "connected" time...often feeling a direct response of agitation on those particularly long days of computer time.  (I don't think I am alone in this reaction.)  I think it will be helpful to be more selective with my time and commitments by choosing a path with less external distraction.  I don't know, but I will let you know.  It may indeed allow more time to be really present in my life.  More time, possibly, to create work like the recently completed "Elevate".

Elevate   © 2012 Linda A. Miller
Elevate   © 2012 Linda A. Miller














6 comments:

  1. Always a great reminder, Linda! I find I need to begin and end each day with an extended period of quiet, all electronics *off* -- generally up to an hour. Getting outside as much as possible helps, too, whether it be to garden, stitch, walk or jog. I am trying to jog at least my shorter runs without music/iPod/whatever...just the body and the breath.

    Every little bit helps to maintain balance. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also begin my day with practice and quiet...glad you liked the reminder, Margaret!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cogratulations, Linda, on a bold move. I really have an intention to spend less time online and more time just being, so I can relate.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is an ongoing challenge isn't it, Judy?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda - It was such a blessing to have your visit today. I found all your recent posts on solitude dovetailing into my thoughts. But here on the computer late into the evening, I ask, why do I long to connect to the others out there on the same trail?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Teri, for all your comments. Connection and relationship are important as well! Keep in touch...

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails