Thursday, July 5, 2012

The Shop is Open!

Happy to announce my newest venture.  I am now an Etsy shop owner!  It had been my intention for some time to set up a shop for a number of the smaller fiber art items that I create.  And finally, after much gentle nudging in the process, it is open for you see.  I hope you will visit and check out the delicate thread bowls.  Stay tuned for more items will be added in the future.



About these small thread bowls... They began as a way to recycle thread cuttings saved from quilt projects, lint from my dryer, and yarn or fabric shapes (as in the heart bowl above).  I layer the materials between sheets of soluble stabilizer, like Solvy.  I stitch on top to my heart's content, then rinse out the Solvy.  It is then set on a mold to dry in shape and once dry, sealed with acrylic sealer.  I like the colorful, rustic form of the finished bowl.  Hope you will, too!



2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new venture! I hope your new Etsy shop will be very successful!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails