Thursday, May 31, 2012

May Peace Prevail


Everything has its own time in the creative process.  Some things sit for years before I find the direction to go in for completing it.  This 11.5" square piece began from a drawing I had made several years ago from a statue of the Buddha.  It intrigued me to take it further on to cloth, so I then scanned the drawing and printed it on to cotton.  I added some highlight color before appliqueing the batik print on top.  The quilting is done by hand and machine.  It was a gift for my sister's birthday.  This drawing may yet find further avenues of expression in the future...

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Linda! The batik fabric is a perfect complement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This piece is lovely! I did browse through and saw some of your other work too. - Gaia

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails