Friday, May 18, 2012

Huntington Outing

Japanese Garden - Bonzai  "Silent Dragon" over 200 yrs old

My week began with festivities in Berkeley for Conor's graduation, then back home and promptly got sick.  Fortunately felt better yesterday to join some of my fiber art friends, Sherry Kleinman, Terry Waldron, Cindy Cooksey and Julie Schleuter on an outing to the Huntington Library and Botanical Gardens in San Marino.  I could not miss my birthday adventure afterall!  


The Japanese garden has been under renovation and just reopened again recently....yes, it was lovely and serene.  So many wonderful textures.




 I still really enjoy the fine Chinese garden area and lake.  There is always something new to discover...


Pavillion of the Three Friends





Koi by the bridge

  It was a wonderful recuperative day.  Enjoy the pictures.



Junge Frau (Young Woman)
Georg Kolbe 1926 - bronze

  And, the Quilts on the Wall exhibit opens Saturday.  Here is a preview.  I will tell you all about it!

2 comments:

  1. Your photos are wonderful! I was very glad to finally meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Happy to finally meet you in person, too!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails