Monday, May 7, 2012

Botanic Wonder



 
On a family outing this weekend visiting with my nephew, we went to the wonderful Santa Barbara Botanic Garden , which is nestled in the foothills of Santa Barbara on 65 acres.  This was my first visit (how did I miss this all these years??)  Of course, spring was in full force with amazing blooms everywhere.  

Thanks for suggesting this, Kevin!





I was impressed with the vast variety of plants and trees....trails and creek... 



Redwood forest area





Trying to get the right shot..




 


Where to go next..


 I happened to catch the tail end of a dyeing workshop with fiber artist and author, Rebecca Burgess, (enough to see some of the fabric and yarn results).  There were pots of varied plant dyes simmering.  Participants seemed to have enjoyed the process.  I am intrigued to find out more from her book "Harvesting Color".  It looks like she will be teaching this workshop again in July. ...hmmmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails