Friday, March 2, 2012

Completing Projects and More...

© 2011 Linda A. Miller
 In process with several pieces for upcoming local calls for entry.  Above is detail of one to share with you...however the second quilt will have to wait to be shown. Suffice it to say both quilts have a lot of hand work. 
While working I listened to the very enjoyable audio book "Major Pettigrew's Last Stand" by Helen Simonson.  A wonderful charming story with colorful characters.  Thanks to Margaret Blank for letting me know about it!


Needing to stay focused on quilting meant cutting back my online time.  However, I have seen numerous discussions about the online pinboard, Pinterest.  There seems to be a lot of interest and heated discussions with regards to copyright issues.  Some helpful links in sorting out the issues come from Alyson Stanfield's Art Biz Blog and Artists Bill of Rights .  I do not feel ready to take Pinterest on right now.  I am finding that the more sites that I add, the less attention there is for those I am already following without spending an inordinate amount of the day on the computer.  For myself, there needs to be reevaluation and discrimination so I do not spread myself too thin.  It is great for those who can handle it...more power to you! 

2 comments:

  1. Great minds...listen to the same audio books! I listened to that one last fall and was so impressed I tracked down and thanked the author. Wonderful story, made even better by a talented reader. So glad you enjoyed "Major Pettigrew" too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I learned of the title from your posts, Margaret! A terrific novel!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails