Monday, January 2, 2012

Beginning in Reflection

Who can wait quietly while the mud settles?
Who can remain still until the moment of action?
Observers of the Tao do not seek fulfilment.
Not seeking fulfillment, they are not swayed by desire for change.
Empty yourself of everything.
Let the mind rest at peace.
The ten thousand things rise and fall while the Self watches their return.
They grow and flourish and then return to the source.
Returning to the source is stillness, which is the way of nature.
-Tao Te Ching  Lao Tzu
© 2011 Linda A. Miller

It is with gratitude that I say goodbye to 2011.  There have been many successes, mistakes made, lessons learned, new friends met, and old relationships deepened.  I am happy to have my family and friends around me bringing love into my life...and to have meditation, yoga and art practices to sustain me. I wish joy, contentment and peace to you all.  Let's see what 2012 will bring!
What better way to start the year than in an art intensive linking meditation and creative process?  That is where you will find me in a few days...the 5 part Shambhala Art Program.   As many of you dear readers know, I have taken various workshops in this program over the years and have found it invigorating for my creative life...and beyond.  This intensive combines all 5 parts in one week with participants coming from all over to attend.  What a revitalizing start for the year!  I am so looking forward to it!  Stay tuned for more to come....

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful New Years wishes to you! I always love coming by your blog- but for the title alone. I do like the idea of "waiting for the mud to settle". I can hear the word "mind" slip into that sentence so easily. I can't imagine what amazing-ness transpired at the retreat. Sounds like an incredible mix of people, meditation, and creativity. blessings- teri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year, Teri! It was incredible...

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails