Thursday, December 1, 2011

Cleaning Out and Giving Back

Lighten Up - (detail) 2009
INSTEAD of waiting until new year, I decided to start the season with cleaning out and donating items to people and various resources.  Admittedly, it all began with putting a new shelf in my workroom closet, which first meant taking things out of the closet to make room.  Amazing what I found.. non working cameras, long forgotten fabric, supplies, and more.   I try to keep things visible, but the habit of storing away seems to take over when busy with work.  Why keep what I do not need?  It feels wonderful to share it.  Giving and sharing are part of this season.  Generosity can foster such a positive force in all our lives..so why not do it more often?  And what lightness comes with less clutter in the space...inspiring creativity and joy!
Artist and teacher, Lyric Kinard, wrote a wonderful post about giving and service.  Visit Lyric's blog for more!  How are you giving this season?  Know others talking about this subject?  I would love to hear about them.
 Post Card - 1975

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Linda. Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. Lucky you-- I love the idea of lightening up, but it's a loosing battle in my household...so I just upcycle. Keeps me busy! Have a happy holiday season!
    best, nadia

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails